Millions of people are injured each year in personal injury accidents throughout the United States. Personal injury accidents include:
- Traffic Accidents (car crash, truck accidents, motorcycle crashes, etc.)
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Boating Accidents
- Premises Liability (slip and fall cases)
- Product Liability (defective products)
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Drugs
- Workplace Accidents
If you or if your family member is injured in a personal injury accident, it is important that you understand your rights under California’s personal injury laws. The insurance company representing the person or company who caused the injury will not inform you of your rights. It is also important that you understand the insurance company is not working for you.
Contact an experienced Fresno personal injury attorney to ensure your legal rights are protected. Our personal injury lawyers at Torem & Associates offer free, no obligation legal consultations. Contact us by calling 1-800-954-4444 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Your Right To Recover Compensation For Your Injuries
Unfortunately, the legal system cannot make you completely “whole” after a personal injury accident. It is impossible to undo the physical injuries and emotional stress caused by an injury. Therefore, the legal system does the only thing it can do in this situation — provide the legal means of receiving a monetary award to compensate you for your injuries, losses, and damages.
Under California’s personal injury laws, most accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for their:
- Medical expenses, including future medical care and/or personal care.
- Lost wages, including future lost wages if you are unable to return to work.
- Loss of earning capacity. If you are able to return to work but you are unable to earn the same amount of income as you did prior to the accident due to your injuries.
- Property Damage.
- Cremation, burial, and funeral expenses in the event of a wrongful death.
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish.
- Travel expenses, over-the-counter medical supplies, and other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
An insurance adjuster will not explain to you the damages you are entitle to receive. If the insurance company can get you to sign a release simply by paying your lost wages and medical bills, it will save money. A Fresno, CA personal injury lawyer knows how to correctly value your accident claim to maximize the compensation you may receive for your injuries.
Do not let an insurance adjuster take away what is rightfully yours. Our attorneys are aggressive litigators when necessary and skill negotiators. Protecting your right to recover compensation for your damages is our top priority.
What Can I Do?
Instead of fighting with the insurance company yourself, you can hire an attorney who has experience handling accident claims to fight for you. Our personal injury attorneys are very knowledgeable about personal injury claims and they have the skill and resources you want as you go up against a large insurance company. The insurance company has a large team of professionals working to protect its best interest. You deserve to have a team on your side protecting your best interest to level the playing field.
If you have been injured in Fresno, CA or the surrounding Central California Valley, call Torem & Associates at 1-800-954-4444 to consult with an attorney. You may also chat with a representative online or use our convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation.