How Can a Fresno Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
Do I Need To Hire An Injury Attorney For My Accident or Can I Do It Myself?
This is a valid question that we would like to answer for you. Some accident victims believe they can handle their accident claim just as well as a personal injury attorney. The insurance company wants you to believe that is possible. In some very limited cases where fault is clear and damages are low, this may be true. However, in most accident cases, representing yourself can result in receiving less compensation than your claim is actually worth.
The Fresno personal injury attorneys of Torem & Associates understand California laws related to motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, product liability, medical malpractice, and other personal injury clams. Our lawyers have the resources, experience, and skills necessary to ensure you are treated fairly by the insurance company for the at-fault party and the judicial system.
Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Fresno Personal Injury Attorney
- Focus on Your Health – You do not need to worry about insurance companies, attorneys, adjusters, and other people working on your claim while you are trying to heal. You need to focus on your recovery and reduce stress as much as possible. Hiring a Fresno personal injury attorney can reduce stress so that you can heal from your injuries.
- Protect Your From Big Insurance Companies – Insurance companies and their agents are not bad; however, insurance companies are in business to make money. They do not make money by paying large accident settlement claims. Therefore, the insurance company will use whatever tactics it can to lower the amount of money it must pay to you for your accident claim. We know these tactics and we know how to fight them to protect your rights.
- Valuing Your Personal Injury Claim – Most people know they are entitled to receive reimbursement for their medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. However, you may be entitled to receive compensation for a variety of other damages. The insurance company certainly will not explain this right to you. A personal injury attorney knows how to value your claim to maximize your compensation.
- Subrogation Claims – In a personal injury case, your health insurance provider may be entitled to reimbursement for any bills it pays associated with your accident. You may be required to pay your health insurance company back for these bills. A Fresno personal injury attorney understands subrogation rights and can possibly negotiate a lower settlement in some cases.
- California’s Statute of Limitations – Under California’s Statute of Limitations, accident victims have a limited time to file lawsuits for accident claims. If you fail to file your lawsuit before the strict time limit, you lose your right to assert any claims. A personal injury attorney knows these time limits and will file your lawsuit prior to the expiration of the statute of limitations.
- Powerful Negotiator – Our attorneys are highly skilled negotiators in addition to experienced trial lawyers. We can negotiate a settlement for your claim that is fair and just. However, if the insurance company is not acting fairly, we are fully prepared to file and litigate a lawsuit.
Contact a Fresno Personal Injury Attorney
Do not let an insurance company take advantage of you by pushing you to settle your claim too quickly for an amount below the true value of your accident claim. If you have been injured in Fresno, Central California Valley, or the surrounding areas, call Torem & Associates at (888) 859-4434. You may also chat with a representative online or use our convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation.