Have You Started Your Holiday Shopping for 2017?
Many people have begun their holiday shopping while others will wait for Black Friday in hopes of getting the best deals on gifts for everyone on their holiday shopping list. Some retailers have already leaked their Black Friday ads in hopes of attracting shoppers to their stores when the doors open on Black Friday. Other retailers have decided to open on Thanksgiving Day to give shoppers an early start to the holiday shopping season. Big Lots and Game Stop decided to be open on Thanksgiving Day this year.
However, some retailers have announced they will be closed this Thanksgiving Day to give their employees the day to spend with family and friends. USA Today reports that Cabela’s, Burlington, Ikea, Neiman Marcus, and Home Depot are just a few of the stores that will not be opening their doors to customers on Thanksgiving Day this year. ABC30 has a list of stores in Fresno on its website that will be open and closed on Thanksgiving Day. Whether you choose to shop on Thanksgiving Day or wait until the early morning hours on Black Friday to begin your holiday shopping, you need to remember to be safe and smart during the holiday shopping season.
Tips for Staying Safe While Holiday Shopping
Bakersfield Now reminds readers to park in well-lit parking areas and keep items locked securely in a trunk or other location in the vehicle where others cannot see the packages. Other tips that can help keep you safe while you are holiday shopping this year include:
- Keep your wallet and purse close to your body to avoid pick-pocketers and other thieves.
- If possible, use just one credit card for all purchases and leave the rest of your credit cards at home. Using one credit card can also help you keep track of your spending and gifts.
- When purchasing a large item, ask for assistance in getting the item to your vehicle. You may want to plan ahead to transport large items home immediately after purchase to avoid thieves in parking lots looking for big-ticket items to steal from vehicles.
- Be careful when driving! Traffic will be heavy and congested on Black Friday. You need to avoid all distractions while driving and be very cautious in parking lots. Parking lot accidents can be a problem on Black Friday because drivers are in a hurry and distracted. There are also more pedestrians and vehicles in parking lots on Black Friday than a normal shopping day.
- Remember to take breaks and hydrate while shopping. Overdoing it on Black Friday can hurt your wallet and your physical health.
- Dress comfortably and in layers so you can remove layers as the temperatures increase during the day.
- If you cannot leave small children at home, make sure that you always have a hand on your child at all times. Children in carts and buggies can also be targets for kidnappers.
When possible, shop with a friend or group of friends for added security and safety. You can also share the driving duties, so no one person becomes overly tired or fatigued while driving.
Fresno Personal Injury Lawyers Help Accident Victims and Families
We sincerely wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season. However, some individuals will be injured this holiday season because of the careless, reckless, and negligent acts of others.
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, motor vehicle accident, pedestrian accident, or other personal injury accident such as an injury caused by a defective product, we can help. Contact Torem & Associates by telephone at (559) 500-5000 or 1-800-954-4444 or online by using the contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation. Visit our new office location at 3649 W. Beechwood Ave., #104, Fresno, CA 93711.