Packing Tips for Thanksgiving Holiday Travel
Are you and your family going out of town for the Thanksgiving Holiday? Some families travel to spend the holiday with friends and family far and near while other families take advantage of the long weekend as a short vacation. Whether you are traveling to the other side of the state or across the country, packing can be a hassle. However, with a few good packing tips and a little planning, packing for a Thanksgiving Holiday trip can be quick and easy.
Packing Tips for Air Travel
Air travel has become more complicated as the TSA seeks to protect everyone from threats. Packing for a trip by plane can be difficult because you not only need to deal with the TSA requirements, but you also must deal with any requirements that your airline might impose. Some tips to keep in mind when packing your bags for air travel include:
- Before you begin packing, review the travel checklist provided on the TSA’s website. The TSA has a list of do’s and don’ts for packing for air travel, including the various rules and regulations for carry-on and checked baggage.
- After reviewing the TSA requirements, visit the website for your airline and review the airline’s requirements. Some airlines have special rules for carry-on luggage and checked luggage. To avoid paying additional fees for baggage, make sure that you know the rules and weight requirements for luggage and bags.
- Use your personal carry-on item wisely. Most airlines allow passengers to have a carry-on and a personal item without charge. Personal items include laptop bags, purses, and backpacks. Make the most of your personal item by carrying a bag that is just under the size requirements for personal items so that you can pack as much as possible into this “free” bag to avoid checked luggage fees.
- Do not check essential items! Medications, passports, credit cards, cash, identification, jewelry, and other valuables need to be placed in your carry-on or personal item. You do not want to take the risk that the airline will lose your valuable or essential items.
General Packing Tips for Any Type of Travel
- Make a packing list. It is easy to forget to pack things even when you are not in a hurry. Making a list can help you remember to pack all items so that you do not need to spend money on items you need during your trip that you already have at home. In addition, a list will save you time when packing because you do not have to spend time thinking about everything you wanted to remember to pack.
- Roll clothing instead of folding to save space. Rolled clothing takes up less room so that you can get more into your baggage. Just be sure to watch the weight restrictions, or you might be charged an additional fee.
- Dress in layers when you travel to stay comfortable traveling between different climates, but to also safe room in your luggage.
- Pack a clean, large garbage bag in your suitcase. Put dirty clothes in the bag so that you can throw the bag in your suitcase when you are ready to come home. Using one bag for each family member makes doing laundry much easier when you get home.
Fresno and Central California Valley Accident Attorneys
If you are injured in a personal injury accident, our California accident lawyers are here to help you recover the money you deserve for your injuries and damages. To speak with an attorney for free, call Torem & Associates at (888) 859-4434.