Tips for a Healthy New Year in 2018
As we look toward the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2018, it is always good to consider ways that we can improve our health and well-being. Most people make New Year’s resolutions each year, but many of those resolutions are never realized. A common resolution that many people make is to “get healthier” or “exercise more.” Focusing on health is a common New Year’s resolution.
If you are resolving to be more active, lose weight, improve your health, or make other positive changes that can improve your well-being in 2018, we want to help. Below are several tips that you might find helpful when resolving to be healthier in 2018.
- Make fitness a family affair. Get everyone in your household involved in physical activity during 2018. You might want to purchase bicycles for everyone in the family as Christmas gifts to encourage riding together as a family in 2018. Even something as simple as resolving to take a walk each evening as a family can help you improve your health in 2018.
- Remember, little changes can give you big results. You do not need to change your entire lifestyle at one time. Make little changes and set small goals to keep you moving in a positive direction.
- Do not give up! If you “cheat” on your resolutions, do not become discouraged and give up. Give yourself permission to hit the “restart” button and begin again.
- Eat healthy in 2018. Do not consider it a “diet” because that word has negative connotations for many people. You can simply adjust your diet to include healthy fruits and vegetables, grains, and proteins while cutting back on sweets and other foods that can hinder a healthy lifestyle. Stock up on healthy snacks for times when you need a little something before mealtime or bedtime.
- Get more rest! The average adult does not get the recommended amount of sleep each night. Turn off the television, cell phone, laptop, and other electronic devices so you can get a good night’s sleep. Develop a bedtime routine that can help your body and mind prepare for sleep each evening. Try to make your bedroom a place of comfort, peace, and quiet.
- Sneak in exercise whenever possible. Take the stairs instead of the elevator and park at the rear of the parking lot instead of directly in front of the store.
- Use a fitness app to help keep you motivated. Social media can also help you be accountable and stay focused. Join a group online or team up with a friend online.
- Schedule vacation! Many of us think we cannot afford to get away. Even one day of playing hooky from work can give you the boost you need mentally and physically to keep yourself working toward your goal of being healthier in 2018.
Torem & Associates Wishes You a Happy New Year
We hope that the New Year is a good one for you and your family. However, we want you to know that our California personal injury attorneys are here to help you if you or your loved one is injured in an accident.
Call (888) 859-4434or use the contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation with a California personal injury lawyer. We have offices in Los Angeles, Stockton, and Fresno for your convenience.