Fourth of July Events in Fresno CA
If you and your family are searching for something fun to do on Independence Day in Fresno, our staff members have compiled a list of the area’s Fourth of July events that you and your family may enjoy.
- Freedom Run at Woodward Park, which is a 4-mile race will begin at 7 a.m. on July 4.
- Freedom Fest is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. at Clovis High School’s Football Stadium. You can enjoy various activities, food, entertainment, and fireworks.
- Sky Sox Stadium will have post-game fireworks on July 4.
- The Tri-Lakes 4th of July event takes place at Washington Street and Second Street on July 4. The event includes a fun run, pancake breakfast, a parade, and concert. Vendors and various food options will be available.
- Woodland Park has an old-fashioned celebration planned for the Fourth of July that will include games, entertainment, vendors, and food.
- The Manitou Springs Firework display is planned for downtown Manitou Springs on July 4.
- Stockton July 4 Celebration is scheduled to begin with a parade at 10 a.m. in downtown Stockton traveling down El Dorado, Oak Street, and Webber Point.
- Baron Hilton Fireworks Display is scheduled for 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. on July 4 at the Mandeville Tip County Park.
Fresno & Stockton Firework Safety Tips
If you choose to stay home to celebrate the Fourth of July with your family and friends, it is a good idea to review general firework safety tips. Using fireworks is a tradition for many people to celebrate Independence Day. However, thousands of people are injured each year when using fireworks.
Some general firework safety tips include:
- Never allow children to use fireworks unsupervised.
- Follow all instructions on the fireworks.
- Wear protective eyewear when setting off fireworks.
- Never re-light fireworks that did not work. After waiting to ensure a malfunctioning firework is not going to go off, place the firework in a bucket of water.
- Keep a water hose and a bucket of water nearby.
- Place unused fireworks in a bucket of water for a few hours before disposing of fireworks.
- Follow instructions carefully for storage of unused fireworks.
- Never light fireworks indoors.
- You should not attempt to use fireworks when impaired by drugs or alcohol
Fireworks can be a fun way to celebrate the Fourth of July. However, we must be careful to avoid an injury that could send someone to the emergency room on July 4. For more safety tips and information, visit the website for the National Safety Council.
Personal Injuries for Stockton and Fresno
If you are injured in a fireworks accident or another accident, the personal injury lawyers of Torem & Associates can help. You may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages by filing a personal injury claim.
Please contact our law firm by calling (559) 500-5000 or 1-800-954-4444 or use the contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation with a Stockton personal injury lawyer. Our Stockton office is located at 4557 Quail Lakes Drive, Stockton, CA 95207.