Motorcycle Officer Injured in Downtown Fresno Traffic Accident
ABC30 is reporting on a traffic accident that happened in downtown Fresno at U Street and Tulare Street. According to the Fresno police department, a motorcycle officer was traveling eastbound when a westbound driver made a left turn to get onto the 41 south on-ramp. The last minute turn resulted in a collision. The driver of the vehicle was charged with a right of way traffic violation.
Common Traffic Violations That Result In Collisions
Almost any traffic violation can result in a traffic accident. However, as Fresno car accident attorneys, there are some traffic violations that we see more often than other violations in car accident cases.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way – This is one of the most common traffic violations that cause a traffic accident. In most cases, one driver turns left in front of another driver causing a collision, as in the above news report. This type of traffic violation often causes what is commonly referred to as a “t-bone” collision. T-bone collisions are common at intersections and on busy roads with lots of stores and other commercial buildings.
- Following Too Close For Conditions – This is usually the traffic violation charged in a rear-end collision. Drivers follow the vehicle in front of them for several reasons, including aggressive driving and distracted driving. Whenever a driver rear-ends the vehicle in front of him, he is presumed to be at fault for following too closely or not paying enough attention to stop before a collision.
- Speeding – Speeding is another common traffic violation that can cause a traffic accident. As speed increases, the risk of serious injury and fatality in a collision increases. When you are travelling at high rates of speed, your time to react to a hazard to avoid a collision decreases.
- Driving Under The Influence – Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs causes thousands of traffic accidents each year. An estimated 28 people die each day in motor vehicle crashes involving an impaired driver in the United States. During 2014, almost 10,000 people died in DUI accidents. This accounted for about one-third of all traffic-related deaths for that year.
- Failing to Obey Traffic Signals/Signs – Running stop signs and red lights is another common cause of collisions. In many cases, the failure to obey traffic signals and traffic signs is due to another type of driver error, such as distracted driving, fatigued driving, speeding, or driving while impaired.
- Texting While Driving – Texting while driving is banned in 46 states and the District of Columbia. It is a serious problem that causes many traffic accidents and deaths each year in the United States. The average amount of time the driver’s is not looking at the road when texting is five seconds. At 55 mph, a driver can travel the length of a football field without looking at the road ahead of him. This results in thousands of accidents each year in the United States.
Contact A Fresno Personal Injury Attorney For A Free Consultation
Even though the other driver in a traffic accident is issued a traffic ticket, this does not mean you will automatically receive compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. You must still prove the driver was at fault for the collision and that you suffered damages as a result of the accident. A Fresno, CA personal injury attorney can perform an accident investigation to obtain the evidence you need to prove the other driver is at fault for your injuries.
Call Torem & Associates at (888) 500-5000 or use our convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation with a Fresno personal injury attorney.Categories: