WE'RE AVAILABLE 24/7 (888) 500-5000

What Can I Ask for in an Accident Case?

Torem & Associates

You were injured in a car accidentslip and fall, or pedestrian accident that was not your fault. The other person’s insurance company has sent an adjuster to evaluate your injury claim. The insurance adjuster said the company will pay your medical bills and he asked you to sign a release so he could begin processing your accident claim. Can you ask for other compensation or is the insurance company only required to pay your medical bills?

Being injured in a personal injury accident can be overwhelming. You are trying to obtain medical treatment for your injuries while you deal with the physical pain and emotional stress of being injured. You may also be struggling with a financial hardship if you are unable to work because of your injuries.

While it may be tempting to accept the insurance adjuster’s offer, you should consult with our Fresno personal injury attorney before signing any documents for the insurance adjuster. You may be entitled to ask for additional compensation for your accident claim. Call Torem & Associates at (888) 500-5000 now to schedule a free case evaluation with a Central California Valley attorney.

Damages In An Accident Claim

Even if you are able to return to work after your accident, you can ask for more than just payment of your medical bills to settle your accident claim. You may be entitled to receive compensation for a variety of damages, including medical bills and lost wages. However, it is impossible to know the true value of your accident claim until you have completely recovered from your injuries. The insurance adjuster wants you to accept a settlement now so you will sign a release. Once you sign the release, you cannot make any additional claims, even if you discover you have additional injuries or damages.

For example, the insurance adjuster makes you an offer within a few weeks of the accident, you accept the offer, and sign a release. In the coming weeks, you continue to experience pain in your neck and back. After seeing your doctor again, she refers you to a surgeon and you learn you need back surgery. Unfortunately, you settled your claim and you signed a release. You are now responsible for all of the costs associated with the surgery.

Let Our Fresno Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve

Our personal injury attorneys can help you value your accident claim so that you receive the maximum compensation available by law. We will work with you to prepare a settlement demand asking for compensation for all of your damages. Examples of damages you may be entitled to receive compensation for include:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost income
  • Property damage
  • Physical pain
  • Scarring and disfigurement
  • Long term personal care and/or medical care
  • Permanent disabilities
  • Emotional stress and mental anguish

Some damages, such as medical bills and lost wages, are reimbursed in the settlement. Therefore, it is wise to keep detailed records, including receipts and bills, to provide your attorney with an accurate record of your out-of-pocket losses. Other damages, such as physical pain, are more difficult to value. An experienced Fresno accident attorney understands how to value non-economic losses to maximize your settlement.

Call Torem & Associates For A Free Case Evaluation

Before you accept a settlement, provide a statement, or sign a release, call our office for a free legal consultation. You can reach our office by calling (888) 500-5000 or by using our online contact form.


Free Consultation

Call (888) 500-5000 to learn about legal options