Driving Safety Tips for Fresno Fourth of July Road Trips
Fireworks loudly popping, colorful lights in the air and savory food on the grill are all signs of a fabulous Fourth of July celebration. Families typically dress in patriotic attire or colors of red, white, and blue. America’s Independence is valued by many citizens and something to celebrate. For that reason, the Fourth of July holiday weekend is one of the most traveled holidays according to AAA. More than 41.9 million Americans will travel over the Fourth of July holiday. Many travelers use this time as a vacation getaway for the family.
Low Gas Prices and an Improved Economy Play a Role in the Number of Families on the Road This Year
Low gas prices relieve some of the stress of family travel giving families more freedom to travel to wonderful destinations. The lower the gas price, the more families will travel. A better economy also provides the financial means to fund such trips. When you combine the two factors, the number of drivers on our roads this July 4th could reach record levels.
Therefore, when planning a vacation during the July 4th weekend, you need to take steps to ensure your vehicle is functioning at top performance. Taking the necessary time to maintain your vehicle can reduce your risk of being in a July 4th accident.
What Can You Do to Prepare Your Car for Weekend Travel?
Scheduled maintenance on cars should be completed at three, six, nine, and twelve thousand miles. Minor maintenance on your vehicle before traveling is cost efficient. Your vehicle should be inspected before getting on a highway to prevent any unexpected malfunctions during your time of travel. Your entire family is in the car, and their safety comes first. If you are planning a trip during the 4th of July holiday weekend, it is best that you follow these simple tips.
- Your windshield provides clear vision of the highway. Windshield wipers should provide optimal visibility in the event of inclement weather.
- Tire inflation is important for long distance travel. Make sure that you have your tires checked for acceptable condition and proper pressure.
- Verify that you have had your oil changed and oil filter replaced before a trip. If you haven’t already it is a great idea to do so.
- Make sure that all signal, head, and tail lights are working. If not, make sure that you replace bulbs.
- Summer has begun, so temperatures are scorching. If your car model requires coolant, you need to have the levels checked by a mechanic. If you are unsure, check the owner’s manual or ask your mechanic.
- Check your dashboard for any warning lights or signals indicating critical issues that should be addressed
- Brakes assist your car in stopping properly. With many travelers on the road, you want to make sure that your car can stop quickly and efficiently.
- Top off all major fluids such as transmission, engine, and brake fluids.
Fourth of July is a time that we all look forward to spending with family and friends. If your loved ones are located miles away, you need to make sure that your car is prepared to make the trip. No one wants to spend a majority of their July 4th weekend in a repair shop out of town or stranded on the side of the road waiting for help. Be wise and get your car checked before the trip. Time well spent with family and friends are memorable moments that you can’t get back if wasted due to the inconvenience of a broken car.
Fresno And Central California Valley Traffic Accident Attorneys
We will everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July Holiday. We urge everyone to be careful while traveling and pay extra attention when on our roads to avoid a collision. If you are in a traffic accident, we are here to help. Contact Torem & Associates by telephone at (888) 500-5000 or online by using the contact form on our website for a free appointment with a Fresno car accident lawyer.Categories: