Unfortunately, consumers use dangerous or defective products every day. A product liability suit allows for an individual to seek damages after being injured by a product that may have been improperly marketed or manufactured. Victims can seek reimbursement for all medical expenses, time away from work, property damages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you were injured by a defective product—such as a faulty car tire, a dangerous medical device, a malfunctioning household item, or any other type of product—Torem & Associates can help. Our California product liability lawyers have more than 35 years of experience handling all types of complex defective product claims. We understand how to determine liability and pursue the justice and compensation you are owed.
Contact our firm for a free consultation; call (888) 859-4434 or submit an online contact form today. Se habla español.
Types of Product Defects
There are essentially three ways in which products can be defective. The type of defect is important, as it typically points to the liable party.
The three main types of product defects are:
- Design Defects – A product is designed in a way that may cause an unsafe condition leading to an injury.
- Manufacturing Defects – A product is manufactured with a flaw or a part of a product fails, causing an unsafe condition that leads to an injury.
- Marketing Mistakes – A product is marketed without warnings of potentially dangerous conditions that could lead to an injury.
Our firm is skilled at not only determining if a defective product caused your injuries but also at investigating what type of defect was involved. We work with various experts and specialists in order to discover who is liable for your injuries and other losses.
Common Defective Products
While some products have more inherent danger than others, consumers should still be aware of those dangers.
Examples of common product liability claims include (but are not limited to):
- Defective auto parts (tires, airbags, child carrier seats)
- Defective toys (choking hazards, lead paint)
- Defective appliances (toasters, lamps, coffee makers, irons)
- Defective sporting equipment (treadmills, bicycles, helmets, weight machines)
- Defective or dangerous landscaping equipment (lawnmowers, hedgers, weed eaters)
If you are injured as a result of using a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer or seller of the product. Talk to a California product liability attorney at Torem & Associates to discuss your legal rights to compensation for your injuries sustained by the use of a defective product.
Call Us At (888) 859-4434 Schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.