Every day, Americans rely on countless products. From cellphones to automobiles to medical devices, these products are designed to make our lives easier. However, when faulty or defective products are allowed on the consumer market, innocent consumers can be gravely injured. A defective car tire might blow out on the freeway, causing an accident. A contaminated batch of pharmaceutical drugs might cause widespread harm when it is ingested by dozens of people.
If you are injured by a defective, dangerous, or faulty product, you may be able to hold the manufacturer, distributor, or another liable party responsible for your losses. The Fresno product liability lawyers at Torem & Associates have been helping injured individuals throughout California for more than 35 years. We are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we offer all our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is no upfront cost for you.
Contact our office online or by phone at (888) 500-5000 to schedule a complimentary case evaluation.
Common Product Defects
There are essentially three categories of product defects:
- Defective Design: The initial design of a product makes it unreasonably unsafe for consumer use
- Defective Manufacturing: A flaw or defect is introduced to the product during manufacturing
- Defective Marketing: The product is marketed with proper warning labels/safety instructions
The type of defect will determine who is liable—if a product has a design flaw, the person or company responsible for designing and/or testing the product can be held responsible; if the product became contaminated during production, the manufacturer may be liable.
There are limitless examples of defective products, but some of the most common include:
- Car, truck, and other motor vehicle parts, like brakes and tires
- Automobile safety features, such as airbags and seatbelts
- Motor vehicles in general, including SUVs, ATVs, golf carts, and more
- Pharmaceutical medications and medical devices
- Safety equipment, such as helmets, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Electronics, including cellphones, tablets, computers, and chargers
- Children’s toys, particularly toys containing hazardous parts/materials
- Heavy machinery, tools, and other similar equipment
- Household items and appliances, ranging from water heaters to hairdryers
- Elevators, escalators, and moving sidewalks
These and other defective products can reach consumers when companies put profits ahead of safety, bypassing adequate testing and proper manufacturing in favor of increasing production and sales. The impact on individuals can be devastating.
We Are Available to Assist You 24/7
In order to pursue compensation for a defective product claim, you will need to prove that you were injured while using a product for its intended use. You will most likely not be able to bring a claim if you were using a product in a way that it was not intended to be used or were acting negligently yourself. At Torem & Associates, we can help you determine your legal options and, if you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, our Fresno product liability lawyers can help you fight for the justice and recover you are owed. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Call (888) 500-5000 to discuss your case with an attorney at our firm.