Who Is Liable for Accidents Involving Semi-Trucks?
Sadly, truck accidents often result in devastating injuries for the other drivers and passengers involved. Because semi-trucks are so large and heavy, people in passenger vehicles have very little protection when they are hit by one.
Our truck accident lawyers in Fresno, Stockton, and Bakersfield, as well as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, and San Jose work with accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to determine what caused the accident and who is at fault. From there, we can help you pursue the full, fair compensation you are owed.
REACH OUT TO US AT (888) 500-5000 OR COMPLETE OUR ONLINE CONTACT FORM IF YOU WERE INJURED OR YOUR LOVED ONE WAS KILLED IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT. WE OFFER FREE CONSULTATIONS.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Like any other type of motor vehicle accident, truck collisions can occur for a variety of reasons. Unlike other types of accidents, however, truck accidents are often caused by factors unique to these types of vehicles.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver error, including mistakes made due to fatigued driving
- Distracted driving, such as eating or texting while driving
- DUI, driving under the influence of alcohol/stimulants
- Speeding, excessive speed or reckless/unsafe driving
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Failure to provide adequate training and supervision
- Lack of proper truck maintenance
- Outdated/nonexistent safety equipment, such as reflective tape
- Defective or faulty truck parts, such as brakes or tires
- Unrealistic quotas, causing truck drivers to violate hours-of-service rules
Discuss Your Case with Our Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers & Legal Team
If you or your loved one was involved in a truck accident in Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, or San Jose, it is important that you speak with a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer about your legal rights and options. We are well-versed in state and federal laws regarding the trucking industry.
Depending on the specifics of your accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, lost income, property damage, and pain and suffering. If your family member was killed in a truck accident, you may be able to recover compensation for emotional distress, loss of expected income/support, funeral costs, and more.
Call (888) 500-5000.
WHEN YOU HIRE OUR FIRM, THERE IS NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE.