Work Injury Lawyers Assisting Victims of Serious Workplace Accidents
Typically, when people suffer a work-related injury, they seek workers’ compensation benefits. However, there are many situations when a personal injury claim can be filed for negligence that resulted in the injury; this is called a third party liability claim.
If you suffer a work-related injury due to the negligence of someone other than your employer, and the accident was also no fault of your own, you may be able to file a claim against the third party. This differs from workers’ compensation in that you can recover compensation for pain and suffering, as well as other financial losses. Workers’ compensation only allows for compensation for medical bills and lost wages.
Third-party work injury claims are very complex. Because a third-party claim is often filed in conjunction with a workers’ compensation claim, things get complicated quickly. Unless you are well versed in California employment and injury law, the whole process can be daunting. Our work injury lawyers in Fresno, Stockton, and Bakersfield handle these types of claims all the time, and we can fight to protect your rights to compensation.
TO LEARN MORE, OR TO DISCUSS YOUR SITUATION WITH A WORK INJURY LAWYER, CONTACT TOREM & ASSOCIATES ONLINE OR BY PHONE AT (888) 500-5000. WE OFFER FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS.
Examples of Workplace Accidents
While each workplace is different, and certain industries tend to be inherently more dangerous than others, all workers are subject to a certain level of risk. Because we spend so much time at work, work-related accidents and injuries are not uncommon.
Some of the most common types of work-related accidents and injuries include:
- Construction Site Accidents – Including slip and falls, injuries caused by defective products, falls from heights, being hit by falling objects, etc.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Common across many industries and frequently affecting food servers, caregivers, construction workers, and others
- Back Injuries and Overexertion – Also commonly affecting many different types of workers, including caregivers, medical professionals, laborers, and others
- Head Trauma – Resulting from slip and fall accidents, falling objects, being hit by falling objects, and other types of accidents
- Work–Related Vehicle Accidents – Including commercial automobile, truck, rideshare, and other types of motor vehicle collisions
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – Common repetitive motion injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome, frequently suffered by office workers, as well as overexertion injuries
This list is not exhaustive; there are many other types of workplace injuries that can have lasting, life-altering effects, such as burns, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, accidental amputation, and more. Furthermore, it is important to note that an accident does not need to necessarily occur at the workplace for it to be considered a work-related injury. Hire a seasoned and experienced work injury lawyer to protect your rights.
Se Habla Español
CONTACT OUR FIRM ONLINE OR AT (888) 500-5000 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION WITH ONE OF OUR WORK INJURY LAWYERS.