WE'RE AVAILABLE 24/7 (888) 500-5000

Do You Have Questions After Your Fresno Car Accident?

Torem & Associates

Five Important Questions You May Have About Your Traffic Accident

If you have been involved in a car accident in Fresno, you may have many questions about filing an accident claim. Being involved in a car accident, even an accident you consider to be minor can be a traumatic event. You may feel overwhelmed, especially if you or your family suffered severe injuries because of the crash. However, it is important that you ask the right questions and you take the right steps to protect your legal rights to recover compensation for your injuries.

Should I Call the Police?

Yes, you need to call 911 immediately. Even minor fender benders and hit-and-run accidents need to be reported to the police. You are required to exchange information with the other driver, but if you have requested a police officer, you can wait until the officer arrives.  It is best not to discuss the accident with anyone until the officer arrives and investigates the accident scene. Having an official record of the crash is very important when you file an injury claim.

Should I Call My Insurance Agent?

Yes, you must notify your insurance company when you are involved in a traffic accident, even if the crash is not your fault. Failing to notify your insurance company of a traffic accident can result in your claim being denied and your contract being canceled. It is important that your insurance company is notified because you might need to file a claim under your uninsured or underinsured insurance coverage.

Should I See a Doctor?

Yes, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you did not go to the emergency room from the accident scene, you should see your family doctor within a day or two. You could have suffered an injury that is not immediately identifiable. The aches and pains that you may experience in the days following a crash may be an indication of a more severe injury. Therefore, you need to take care of your health by seeing your doctor.

Furthermore, you do not want to delay medical treatment because it can negatively impact your injury claim. The insurance company for the other driver may try to claim that your delay in getting medical treatment proves that your injuries were not severe or were not caused by the crash.

Should I Work with the Insurance Adjuster for the Other Driver?

No, it is not in your best interest to provide information to the insurance adjuster for the other driver until you receive legal counsel. The insurance adjuster for the other driver is protecting the insurance company. He is not looking out for your best interest. Therefore, he will try to pay as little as possible for your claim. Be very cautious if an adjuster requests a written or recorded statement, asks for a signed medical release, or offers a very quick settlement.

Should I Call a Fresno Car Accident Attorney?


Whether the accident is your fault or another driver’s fault, you need competent, experienced legal advice regarding your options for filing an accident claim. Remember, adjusters work for insurance companies. You need a team of legal professionals working on your behalf to protect your best interests.

The attorneys of Torem & Associates are ready to fight for your right to recover full compensation for all damages. Our goal is to maximize compensation so that you can receive a fair and just settlement for the injuries and damages caused by a negligent driver.

You can contact our office by calling (888) 500-5000 or by using the contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation with a Fresno car accident lawyer. You can also visit our new office at 3649 W. Beechwood Ave., #104, Fresno, CA 93711.


Free Consultation

Call (888) 500-5000 to learn about legal options